University Recruiter at Flexport
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. The Recruiting Programs team is focused on building the programs and operations - from strategy to execution - to support and fuel our exciting growth plans.
Our new graduate employees and interns are a key player in Flexport’s future, and as a University Recruiter, you would enable that growth through attracting and hiring first-rate students from universities across North America.
The University Recruiting team is growing and is looking for someone to join and make an immediate impact. You will play an integral part in the team and will be responsible for all parts of the campus recruiting life cycle, including: resume review, organizing and leading on campus or virtual events, driving a strong and diverse candidate pipeline, building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and managing the candidate lifecycle from application to hire. In addition, you would be the connector on campus, cultivating strong partnerships with universities and student groups alike and leading impactful events and experiences.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment and is unafraid to embrace new ideas and contribute to future success.You will:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for interns and new graduates across Tech teams in San Francisco and Chicago;
- Plan and execute on-campus or virtual events including: tech talks, hackathons, on-campus interviews, etc.;
- Ensure a positive, smooth, quick, and consistent candidate experience;
- Drive the offer process - including extending offers, closing candidates, and generating offer letters;
- Facilitate hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers;
- Monitor intern and new grad headcount across assigned teams;
- Act as a resource to interns throughout their internship, including on-boarding, performance evaluation, and offer process.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with 1-2 seasons of University Recruiting experience, closing competitive candidates with multiple offers (technical roles preferred);
- A passion for engaging with and fostering university talent - we see them as future employees and want to make sure they have an excellent experience;
- Adaptability & Initiative: you’re always looking to try new things and you welcome feedback about your work;
- Experience partnering with hiring managers, interviewers, and team members;
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% during peak (non Convid) recruiting cycles and work flexible hours as needed.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.