VP, People Experience at Flexport
The VP, People Experience is responsible for ensuring that our people have an excellent career-defining experience from the moment they meet us until the moment they leave us as strong brand ambassadors for the company.The opportunity:
As Flexport emerges from scrappy start up to multi-billion dollar enterprise, we want to be the place where people have the most positive career-defining experiences of their lifetimes. The VP, People Experience defines that experience globally and leads two of our most critical teams:
- The Recruiting Team, who are tasked with sourcing and attracting top, diverse talent to Flexport and ensuring that the talent we need meets the jobs we have and has an excellent experience as a candidate and new hire
- The People Business Partners Team, who are the primary points of contact for our people (the front line of our team) and as a result they provide the strategy and business requirements that inform all of the People Team’s work. They know where the business is going; they partner with leaders and teams to determine their org and talent needs; they coach leaders and teams to be more effective, engaged and motivated; they prioritize what our people need to have a great experience at Flexport.
Our team spans across Asia, the US, Europe and soon to be Latin America. In addition, we need someone who is working to ensure that the Flexport experience and organizational health is consistent across the globe. Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer, you will be a part of the Impact Senior Leadership team, working alongside the leaders of our .Org team, Brand and Communications, and our senior People Team leaders.You will:
- Be an Executive Thought Partner and Coach. You will partner with Flexport Executives to define the people needs for their organization - both long and short term - then devise strategies for attracting, developing and retaining top, diverse talent while sustainably scaling the organization
- Shape the Strategy. Shape the global employee and workplace strategy so that our people have a career-defining experience at Flexport, informing what our People COE’s build (e.g. engagement strategies, learning opportunities, succession planning tools, etc.)
- Prioritize People Agenda. Based on business needs, prioritize the most important systemic needs of our organization and people and engage the People COE’s and Operations to deliver on those priorities. Create a continuous feedback loop so we know what’s working, what’s not and where we have unmet needs
- Deliver a Great Experience. Ensure excellent execution and consistency of core Human Resources practices globally following the Flexport People Lifecycle
- Be a Leader of Leaders. Inspire, lead and develop our leaders across Recruiting and our People Business Partner leadership team to ensure a consistent Flexport People Experience with a focus towards a consistent Flexport people experience.
- Consistent and competitive sourcing, recruitment, interview, selection, and hiring processes and practices
- Bringing together our Regional People orgs do deliver against a common agenda
- Repositioning our PBP’s as strategic org & talent strategists in addition to being advocates for employees and ensuring a safe, fair, and inclusive workplace
- 12-15 years of experience in Human Resources - preferably in progressive leadership roles with internal company experience
- Degree in HR Management, Business, OD or related field required
- Experience building or scaling an HR organization, Public company experience preferred
- Ability to lift up and determine people needs at a systemic level - the most important needs across the business
- Track record of establishing excellent business partnerships and strong collaborator with HR COE’s and HR partners
- Ability to lead a top-notch, globally distributed team
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.