Associate Manager Non-Merchandise Supply Chain at Walgreens
This position is responsible for directing and managing the take-off and ordering of materials for all Walgreens remodel programs. Forecasts the material needs and safety stock requirements to allow vendors to understand plan production schedule (In excess of $20M spend). Works to improve the efficiency of the overall distribution of non-merchandise items to Walgreens new, remodel, and project stores.
- Manages the work of coordinators and consultants; allocates resources to meet operating plans, including forecasting, hiring, and reduction of consultant labor based on project demands and knowledge of NMSC requirements.
- Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Assists in the management and oversight of the take-off and ordering process for new stores, remodels, and other special projects. Proactively meets with business owners and design partners to document ordering criteria for every area of the store. Responsible for keeping all information up-to-date and sharing with the larger NMSC team.
- Manages the escalation of store specific ordering issues between NMSC, design partners, business owners, and the execution team. Ensures the team works proactively to avoid any material defects.
- Partners with group procurement to determine the best logistics strategy for each program. Participates in the RFP and bidding process. Builds communication processes and required reporting for transportation carriers, warehouses, and other logistics stakeholders.
- Attends program level meetings for all projects to represent Non-Merchandise Supply Chain. Over sees teams’ assembly of status updates and presents to the larger group. Brings key issues back to the group for resolution.
- Assists in the management and oversight of the accuracy and completion of data validation checks, PO checklists, and other data reports. Responsible for management of the obtaining, cleaning, and importing of purchase order data from purchasing sources daily. Holds team members accountable for completing these reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervises all vendor communication for new stores, remodels, and other special projects. Proactively meets with group procurement and vendors to document ordering processes and resolve any gaps.
- Accountable for the resolution of material issues within the team’s SLA for all new store and remodel programs; including phone calls, emails, deliveries, etc. Enforces quality and customer service standards and directs team leads in identifying trends and recommending system improvements.
- Resolves escalated issues from team members in a timely and organized manner; including but not limited to issues with purchasing, warehousing, vendors, and business owners. Responsible for leading the team to identify cost savings and efficiencies around all material issues.
- Assists in the management and oversight of the team member’s reallocation of previously purchased items that are held in non-Walgreens warehouses; including working with business owners to identify need for items and informing other NMSC of plans for reuse.
- Ensures the overall accuracy and validity of ordering, tracking, and communication regarding non-merchandise orders to field teams and management; anticipates and escalates issues to management in a timely and organized manner.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in retail OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in retail.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Office; including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Visio
- Experience supervising and managing multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, such as peers, superiors, internal/external stakeholders and business partners. Ability to hold other departments accountable for responsibilities and timelines that directly affect the projects.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Knowledge of AutoCad 2011 or later.