Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is adding to our team in Chicago! We are looking for an analytical, self-driven candidate who is passionate about the function of Risk Management and interested in helping us grow our Business Risk team and make a difference. This person will be responsible for leading our Business Unit Compliance Office (BUCO) team in monitoring high risk areas of the business and testing processes requiring special attention. The BUCO team serves as part of the “first line of defense” and ensures adherence to credit policies, servicing agreements, and general regulatory requirements. If you're looking for an opportunity to join a great team where you can be yourself, deepen your skills and experiences, and have the flexibility and access to find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities then consider a career at Avant!
What you do at Avant
- Manage Avant’s first line (1LOD) Risk Testing & Monitoring Program, manage program reporting, and identify business insights and improvement opportunities
- Oversee the BUCO team’s test schedule, assignments, and allocation of resources to complete testing activities
- Build, develop, and maintain relationships with the business and internal control partners (Audit, Risk & Compliance, Legal) to facilitate collaboration between all lines of defense for testing
- Develops the steps needed to test and/or analyze compliance with complex policies/procedures and laws/regulations
- Develop executive briefs and present to key internal and external stakeholders
Why you are a fit at Avant
- 3+ years of work experience in Risk Management, Compliance, control functions, and/or Internal Audit; some form of Operational Risk experience is a plus
- Familiarity with operational risk management concepts and practices, and ability to deliver insights and recommendations to executive leadership
- A collaborative and cross-functional skillset with the ability to develop working relationships with business and functional partners
- Experience with analyzing large datasets and ability to independently manage multiple priorities while delivering a quality work product
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Liberal Arts, or a related field or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years of experience with SQL required
- Advanced Excel skills required
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.