Claims Support Agent - FNOL at Kin Insurance
Kin is the home insurance company For Every New Normal. Because of our proprietary technology and direct-to-consumer model, we provide affordable pricing without compromising coverage, even in areas most impacted by climate change. We’re proud to offer fully digital homeowners insurance with an elegant user experience, accurate pricing, and fast, high-quality claims service.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.
So, what’s the role?
You’re the first line of defense for our claims customers: you’ll assist in most things relating to claims. You’ll interact with customers mainly over the phone but also via chat and email. It’s important that you are knowledgeable in the property insurance space, so we’ll help you obtain your adjusters license. When time permits, we’d love your help in updating forms, policies, procedures, and training materials. Our business is constantly growing and it’s important we make changes in real time.
A day in the life could include:
- Assists in filing new loss claims reported via phone, email or fax
- Confirms damages, DOL, and other conditions and circumstances of the loss with the insured.
- Interprets, analyzes and assists with customer inquiries which may vary in nature.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses and resolutions to each inquiry in a courteous and professional manner.
- Enters data and other relevant information into client claims database or other business applications, as required completely and accurately.
- Understands and ensures that quality standards are met.
- Assists all departments in a courteous and professional manner to reach business goals and objectives.
- Participates in individual and team trainings and meetings to ensure accurate information is relayed to customers/clients and individual performance is maximized.
- Adheres to the assigned work schedule.
- Is available to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and overtime when required.
- Provides prompt and efficient routing of calls.
- Meets or exceeds benchmarked metrics designed to measure productivity and/or quality.
- Reassigns claims or adds details to clarify the loss.
- Assists in general handling of correspondence and other file-related information.
- Monitors claim assignments, adjuster profiles, and state licensing requirements.
- Manages office supplies
- Assists in running ISO and other reporting analysis and uploads into claim files
- Creates file copies
- Processes inbound and outbound documents and checks
- Assists with vendor billing questions
- Provides loss run reports
- Assists subrogation and litigation departments
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Superior customer service skills.
- Empathy towards others
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, team environment with limited structure
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Google suite or similar tools and ideally comfortable navigating multiple tools and windows at the same time
- A need for efficiency, always looking for ways to make processes better
- Bilingual Spanish speaker a plus, but not required
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- 16 days PTO, 2 Floating Holidays & Federal Holidays (Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.