Customer Success Manager at Leaf Trade
Customer Success Manager
Leaf Trade | CHICAGO
Leaf Trade is the leading B2B marketplace between licensed wholesalers of cannabis products and dispensaries in the highly regulated cannabis markets. Leaf Trade’s suite of software features streamline order management and fulfillment by providing a CRM, essential integrations, and other enterprise tools that save time and help grow cannabis businesses.
Our customers range from single-state businesses that are just getting started, to the majority of the largest, enterprise-level, often publicly traded multi-state operators (MSO) that trust Leaf Trade as the defining standard of cannabis supply chain technology. Check out this feature in Forbes to learn more.
Leaf Trade is looking to hire a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to oversee the overall customer relationship with assigned accounts. You are responsible for driving adoption based on the customer’s individualized requirements and you love solving problems. You will work closely with the Sales and Product teams to understand account health and identify any product or contract retention risks so the company can proactively support customers in meeting their goals.
Leaf Trade is in a unique position to leave a large footprint in the emerging Cannabis industry. As an early hire of a fast growing startup, the individual should have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a whatever-it-takes mentality to help the company grow quickly and sustainably. The candidate must have a successful track record of on-boarding new clients, educating them on feature releases, contributing to the retention process and ensuring the resolution of any issues.
- Understand customer usage and account health to proactively mitigate any renewal risk or product churn
- Identify end-user challenges or requests and proactively connect with Leaf Trade’s Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)
- Analyze customer data to identify trends and trigger opportunities to drive adoption with the customer
- Identify potential upsell opportunities within current accounts
- Provide oversight of specific initiatives, such as new product configuration/onboarding, upgrades etc.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills and can interface with other departments in the company including: Executive Leadership, Sales, Product Management
- Act as an internal customer advocate working closely with leadership to foster a company wide culture of customer success
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ minimum years experience as Customer Success Manager, Customer Experience Lead, and/or Client Engagement Manager
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Strong communication skills including setting goals and objectives
- Excellent writing skills, both to customers and internal staff
- You are a team-player, but you also thrive working autonomously
- Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Acute attention to detail
- You absolutely love talking to people on the phone and in person
Desired Skills & Attributes
- 3+ years working with agile software development teams
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry is a plus, not required
- Flexible PTO and sick day policy, holidays
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Meaningful stock option plan
- Vibrant company culture within a casual environment
Leaf Trade is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.