The Director of Media is responsible for guiding the development of integrated digital and mass media plans to achieve overall brand goals and Pharmacy/Daily Living business unit growth and profit goals. In partnership with external agencies and internal marketing team members, oversees the planning, negotiation, buying of all media vehicles; ensures flawless implementation. Makes recommendations for partnerships that would further our brand and business goals. Provides overall industry expertise and thought leadership on new media venues, trends, measurement resources, consumer insights, risks and opportunities to keep us in a leadership position while being as efficient as possible. Manages a team of internal media experienced professionals including day-to-day initiatives, performance management and career planning.
• As part of the Integrated Marketing Team, collaborates to develop integrated marketing plans as well as intervention strategies as business climate requires.
• Oversees the development and implementation of all media plans that meet marketing goals and are scalable at the local level as necessary.
• Ensures timely and complete communication of the media programs to Store Operations
• Evaluates, Instructs, and Develops all direct reports to create and maintain a high performing media marketing team.
• Selects, develops and negotiates external resource support through the creation and alignment of SOW and/or oversite of AOR contracts. Determines KPI’s and track results against these measures.
• Develops and maintains, with an eye for continuous improvement, a media marketing planning process to deliver optimal and integrated programs that meet the marketing objectives.
• Supports the team in the development of KPI’s for each contact point by partnering with the Insights Team to track results upon completion of the program.
• Identifies external partnerships and guides negotiations/direction as appropriate.
• Directs the team to insure flawless and timely follow through of programs within the agreed to budget.
• Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; creates and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with desired competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Position can be based in either the Deerfield,IL or Post Office (downtown Chicago) location
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience in media market planning or HS Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in media market planning.
- Experience in all forms of Integrated marketing planning from traditional to non-traditional mediums while driving results.
- Experience with project management (planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience creating and managing a budget to plan.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience in driving growth and P&L management.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expenses and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people in their work.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree/MBA
- Experience in Retail Marketing