Director Portfolio & Operations Management at Walgreens
This role drives the operating model design based on strategic priorities and determines approach of developing the model. This role will successfully implement complex changes that integrate tightly with broader initiatives, ensures training takes place for new processes and tools and champions operating model transformation.
This role is a key resource for the Fiore Project and will drive and run the program, including translating the strategy into specific goals and objectives. Serves as a collaborative leader who can maintain a big picture view of the business and can provide direction, inspiration, and experience to leaders. Focus is on executing and coordinating activities across the IT functional area. This role ensures that major, key initiatives are seen through to successful completion.
- Leads, drives and runs the planning and execution of major strategic cross-functional initiative in support of Digital Solutions and Company Strategy.
- Ensures executive alignment and collaboration on cross-divisional initiatives. Oversees implementation and day-to-day run activities of the assigned program.
- Responsible for the at least one major strategic initiative across a broad spectrum of business opportunities in support of the company’s vision.
- Partners with other elements of Digital to ensure optimal business partner participation, elimination of redundancy of effort, and optimal quality delivery.
- Develops and enhances assigned program(s) that improve quality and reduce costs.
- Performs as a key resource for the Department as a translator of strategy into specific goals and objectives of Information, Services and Technology. Serves as a collaborative leader who can maintain a big picture view of the business and can provide direction, inspiration, and experience to leaders. Focus is on executing and coordinating activities across the Digital functional area.
- Performs activities relating to connecting the dots, business partner engagement, strategic planning activities and seeing key initiatives to successful completion. Works collaboratively with leadership around running the business, with project leads around project management, and with other areas, as necessary
- Provides data searches for industry best practices to facilitate acquiring facts, models and knowledge to be used in strategic initiatves.
- Manages and integrates administrative functions of all Digital operating units under the Department Head.
- Serves as advisor to the management team of the Department Head with complex and/or unusual situations in their respective areas.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- At least 6 years of industry experience in IT, Digital, project management, organizational/leadership development, and/or business operations OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience of industry experience in IT, Digital, project management, organizational/leadership development, and/or IT business operations
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- Experience engaging with technology professionals and assisting them to look at things through a business lens
- Experience bringing together different views, personalities, goals, and needs, and helping different stakeholders find business alignment and growth
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Operations Management, or Business
- Experience in Scrum, Agile or relevant methodologies.