Global Mobility Coordinator at Flexport
The Global Mobility Coordinator will support the growing population of remote workers, global mobility, and immigration needs. This role will be responsible for the execution of global mobility and immigration programs. Your primary focus will be collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure we are providing excellent service between our employees, immigration, and relocation external partners. Also, you will be a crucial player in our day-to-day mobility operations and will ensure that we’re functioning smoothly in an HR and employee-facing capacity. You will work closely with the Global Mobility Program Manager and collaborate with the Global People Solutions teams. You will have daily correspondence with our external partners as well as our internal Talent Acquisition team. This role requires attention to detail while also taking a broad perspective to identify solutions, work under supervision, and an eagerness to learn in a dynamic environment.You will:
- Support Global Mobility Program Manager with process improvement initiatives by keeping track of tasks, creating reports, sending updates to the relevant teams, and other administrative support as needed
- End-to-end coordination of global transfers/assignments, including administering and monitoring of all in- and outsourced services and activities throughout the life-cycle of an assignment
- Provide day-to-day support for all US inbound, domestic relocations by being the point of contact for the relocating employee and the relocation provider
- Assist with monthly routine immigration and relocation status reports
- Ensure compliance with the immigration laws for remote workers
- Responsible for posting/removing of LCAs, PERM NoFs, and ensuring postings in other locations as needed
- Answer general questions on global mobility, including immigration internally via Jira, ticketing system. We are a support function primarily to the core HR and recruitment teams, and our goal is to be as supportive as possible while ensuring all stakeholders are aware of processes, policies, and timelines
- Collaborate with the Global Mobility Program Manager to review, draft, and update support documents, information, and instructions for internal HR stakeholders as needed
- Support our external partners by answering questions and authorizations requests and preparing support material if required. Our job is to support our partners to enable them to act as an extension of our team
- While maintaining the current status, you will also have the opportunity to support projects to improve employee experience, policies, and processes, updating communication material, and the internal website
- 2 -3 years in-house corporate immigration, global mobility, or at an immigration law firm experience is strongly desired
- Manage day to day immigration program, including employer-sponsored nonimmigrant and immigrant sponsored cases, and I-9 E-Verify systems and processes
- Facilitates both application and maintenance of lawful immigration status and employment authorization for employees and candidates
- Knowledge of global mobility lifecycle processes and methodologies
- Competent at handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks accurately, working to deadlines
- Skilled in all aspects of general administration, with attention to detail
- Essential technical skills: HRIS (preferably Workday), Google docs, and Confluence
- Ability to gracefully handle competing priorities simultaneously
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.