Global Operations Manager
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $1B from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for pragmatic, customer-centric leaders to lead our Global Operations Teams in a player-coach capacity. Salivating at the thought of leading teams while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Hire, train, and develop a team of Global Operations Associates;
- Serve as the face of Flexport for a book of clients - you succeed when they do;
- Implement strategies to manage international supply chains;
- Identify and implement rate management strategies;
- Shepherd clients through the complexities of international trade; and
- Partner with a Global Account Executive to drive Client Success, Operational Efficiency, and Revenue Generation.
What you’ll need:
- Experience building, training and leading teams;
- BA/BS degree and 5 years of experience in Logistics or Supply Chain; or 5 at a top consulting or investment banking firm;
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.