Tock is reimagining how chefs, restaurants, and wineries across the world run their businesses and manage reservations.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success, nearly eliminating no-shows and dramatically improving the guest experience. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of June 2019):
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 23 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over half a billion dollars in prepaid reservations
Tock is looking to expand our Hospitality Team and we need a thoughtful and dedicated Hospitality Manager to join our growing support staff. You will be tasked with providing product guidance and working to resolve a variety of issues. As a member of the team, you will be front and center of customer success, filtering issues and brainstorming solutions with members of all internal teams.
As the first line of assistance to our worldwide community of restaurants, wineries, bars, and hotels, you will quickly become a service industry expert. This means you are not just an ordinary support provider, but you will help shape the future of Tock by working closely with our designers and engineers to constantly improve our product and services.
What we're looking for
- Experience in a customer service role
- A quick learner with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays
- A strong work ethic with a high level of professionalism
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A customer-centric problem solver
What we'd prefer
- 3 years of customer support or technical helpdesk experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience using CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Foreign language communication skills
What you’ll do
- Field support calls and emails from customers
- Meet and maintain service level agreements
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and manage customer success
- Reproduce and troubleshoot software and data issues
- Collect customer feedback and share findings across Tock product and engineering teams
- Take part in a rotating on-call schedule (nights/weekends/holidays)
- Work closely with the engineering team to test new feature releases
- Initiate and coordinate escalation and incident management
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.