Jr. Business Analyst at SDI Presence (Remote)
The Business Analyst will work with a team to assist a tier one gas and electric utility to prepare for and facilitate client workshops on a Phase 0 assessment of a legacy estimating application that integrates with the clients Geographical Information System (GIS) and Utility Customer Information System (CIS). The Business Analyst will help with project governance, coordination, and organization activities efforts under the supervision of the Project Executive or Project Lead. The Business Analyst take meeting minutes, report on project statuses, perform research, develop/send out project communications. This individual will also assist with ensuring that deliverables meet client standards and expectations.
Although we list out what we generally look for in this job description, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. The point we’re getting at is it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- Determine objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, conducting research, and evaluating output requirements to support business planning within the various utility departments
- Tracking and resolving follow-up/action items
- Help with project governance, coordination, and organization activities
- Develop/send out project communications
- Create meeting minutes
- Help track project progress and create status reports
- Draft documents and coordinate deliverables
- Create and present reports or presentations as requested by the Project Executive
- Be able to perform at a high level under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Business Analyst/Consultant with 3 years of experience.
- General consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop insights from data analysis and management/stakeholder discussions
- Demonstrated ability to perform discrete tasks and activities and/or execute on portions of projects
- Ability to effectively present to and work with senior management
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the energy and utility industry is a plus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project)
- Experience with working on legacy/mainframe systems is a plus
- Experience working with compatible units (CU’s) is a plus
- Experience working with EAM Systems is a plus
- Experience working with GIS Systems is a plus
- Experience working with CIS Systems is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This position does require the individual to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We will consider and determine medical and religious accommodations in accordance with federal and state laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.