The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
As a Customer Service Agent, you’re the first line of defense for our customers. You’ll handle questions regarding policies, payments, cancellations and other topics, as needed. You’ll interact with customers mainly over the phone but via chat and email too. It’s important you’re knowledgeable in the property insurance space, so we’ll provide you with the pre-licensing training needed so you can successfully pass your exam. When time permits, we’d love your help in updating forms, policies, procedures, and training materials. Our business is constantly growing and it’s important we make changes in real time.
A day in the life could include:
- Interacting with current policyholders via phone, email, and chat
- Contacting customers banks/mortgage to obtain additional details
- Creating/updating policies for customers to review
- Submitting payments/issuing refunds
- Asking for additional documentation
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Superior customer service skills
- Empathy towards others
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with limited structure
- Proficient in Google suite or similar tools and ideally comfortable navigating multiple tools and windows at the same time
- A need for efficiency, always looking for ways to make processes better
- You possess a Property and Casualty (P&C) or Personal Lines (PL) license
- Experience in a call center/high incoming call volume environment at plus, but not required
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote/Hybrid Work Environment
- 16 days PTO, 2 Floating Holidays & Federal Holidays (Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.