Manager Operations Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Manages a team responsible for conducting analysis and evaluation of business data to identify solutions for moderate to complex business problems for student loans. Ensures operational strategies are integrated and effective across the student loan organization. Works with business partners to develop, implement, and monitor problem management strategies. Ensures compliant servicing operations while focusing on measurably improving customer experience in response to complex business problems.
- Manages a team of subject matter experts for servicing functions such as payments, statements processing, rewards, and other activities.
- Develops corrective action strategies and system updates required to improve customer experience through problem resolution while maintaining system integrity and preventing future errors. Develops standard work documentation and enhances processes and flows.
- Evaluates and challenges proposed performance improvement strategies.
- Assesses root causes and proposed solutions, working in partnership with business technology and problem management.
- Presents root cause analysis and corrective action strategies to senior leadership to obtain implementation approval.
- Drives the development and enhancement of reporting metrics.
- Identifies opportunities to improve operations by analyzing data, interviewing staff, and observing workflows through the problem management process.
- Prepares communications to the business and management regarding initiatives, issues, and achievements. Provides progress reports to management.
- Assesses performance results and supports decision-making.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Customer Service or Financial Services Operations
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in applicable line of business (Deposits, Personal Loans, Student Loans), or related field
- If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 8+ years in applicable line of business (Deposits, Personal Loans, Student Loans), or related experience
- Understanding of Student Loan Products, Features, Benefits
- Analyze and Interpret Customer Data
- Proficient in Excel; Easily manipulate spreadsheets
- Project Management
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written / Verbal)
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Ability to Multi-Task
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.