Kin + Carta is looking for a Managing Director, Strategist Portfolios - Consumer & Retail
- Accountable for growth targets and client health, tracking net revenue and account margin goals set for the fiscal year, and communicating remediation plans to address shortfalls.
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve client and/or delivery issues to ensure successful delivery, client health and employee satisfaction.
- Set and execute the strategy to hit that number - contributing directly by winning own deals, and indirectly by leading, directing, and coaching a team of direct reports
- Advance wider strategic growth goals leveraging our partnerships and working with proposition leaders to cross-sell the full breadth of our advisory, digital marketing, and tech consulting services.
- Running account growth plays that help uncover new value to the partnership that exists between Kin + Carta and clients.
- Orchestrating K+C experts and capabilities to meet client’s needs in a timely manner.
- Facilitating “top-to-top” strategic client meetings and strategy briefings.
- Participating in industry networking and partner sponsored events
- Responsible for client level P&L - act as the arbiter of strategic investments for our clients while balancing margin, forecasting and reporting sales
- Setting client growth and profitability strategies that align directly with Kin + Carta’s regional and global goals, updating account plans and goals accordingly.
- Hitting growth targets with an eye on profitability, maintaining a healthy gross margin.
- Working alongside legal and delivery teams to sell and negotiate long-term agreements that deliver value and reflect K+C’s modern, agile ways of working.
- Building strong relationships and fair stances with procurement departments, tracking invoice aging, and ensuring all resource requests, rates, and invoices are correct.
- Successfully convert generated and qualified opportunities through high quality pitching and proposals.
- Inspiring and directing teams to deliver winning proposals.
- Advocating as a servant leader on behalf of the delivery and client teams to executive leadership in regards to team morale, career opportunities, and meaningful succession planning.
- Ensuring team members are conducting activities that align with their personal career goals, guiding them to move to the next relevant band or level.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 10+ years experience in a sales and/or account management roles
- 5+ years experience managing a team or portfolio of clients
- 3+ years experience working in consulting
- An informed perspective on the best approach to win business with retailers and the influence and coaching skills to help others meet those standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation, persuasion, closing, and the ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Crafted effective strategies and business cases with clients and customers for technology and design investments.
- A strong understanding of the Consumer & Retail sector, including the key technology components which are essential to a modern day retailer or a consumer goods company, as well as foundational client industry IQ (speaking their language) and very strong EQ (ability to build relationships easily).
- Worked in consulting services and understand the importance of the software development lifecycle.
- A passion for exploring, "what's next?" and are highly motivated, productive and organized.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.