Mgr, Enterprise Operations (Contracts & Vendor Management), Zoro
Enterprise Operations Manager (Contracts & Vendor Management)
Location: Chicago/Buffalo Grove, IL
The Enterprise Operations Manager will be in a highly visible role within the business with key responsibilities in the contracts lifecycle and vendor performance/relationship management of Zoro’s vendors. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Operations, he or she will contribute to the Enterprise Operations team through the execution and delivery of a variety of operational projects across the company, its affiliates and suppliers.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and negotiate contracts with vendors including drafting, reviewing and editing contracts to correspond with company standard terms.
- Collaborate with members of IT Security & Risk Compliance, Finance/Accounts Payable and other business units to ensure contract compliance and accurate billing.
- Serve as a strategic partner and subject matter expert in contracts and vendor management to support internal stakeholders acquire products and services from vendors while mitigating business and legal risks.
- Develop, track/manage and optimize process for vendor performance and compliance management (KPI, scorecards, SLA) to company standards.
- Measure vendor performance and conduct vendor reviews/meetings including QBRs to resolve issues.
- Evaluate and qualify new vendors through execution of vendor onboarding process.
- Perform vendor sourcing activities including RFI/RFP, letters of intent, pre/post-award meetings, etc. as needed.
- BA/BS in the fields of supply chain, business, operations or equivalent required. MBA degree a strong plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in contracts and/or vendor management including, but not limited to, negotiating terms, resolving issues and monitoring vendor performance.
- Professional certification such as CCCM/CPCM, CPP, PMP, or CLA is a plus.
- Experience in eCommerce/MRO industry is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of project management concepts and procedures. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of business and technical projects.
- Strong time management skills – ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines simultaneously to enable the effective management of supplier contracts and vendor management projects.
- Proven problem-solving, research and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and internet skills – deep understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a collaborative team.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with internal customers and vendors.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.