Operations Strategy Manager- Collections & Vendor Performance
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
We are looking for an individual to lead our Collections Operations and Vendor Performance Group as part of the Operations Strategy Team. The Collections Operations and Vendor Performance function is responsible for all aspects of the underlying collections operation across multiple products, partners, sites and vendors. As the Collections Operations and Vendor Performance Manager, you will drive high value initiatives to increase quality, efficiency, effectiveness, ensure adherence to all policies and procedures, and provide oversight of a global workforce across internal and external agencies. We are looking for a hands-on candidate who takes ownership and can work cross-functionally to drive core responsibilities forward.
What you do at Avant:
- Drive strategy through implementation to enable a best-in-class customer and agent collections experience
- Interact with agency vendor management teams to ensure cost-efficient results within established policy and procedures
- Conduct analysis to identify trends and provide direction to all vendors to enhance collections framework
- Work closely with operations staff across multiple sites and vendors to ensure adherence to customer experience and compliance standards
- Collaborate cross-functionally to continually improve the overall Collections Operations framework, understanding downstream impact of policy, process, and technology changes to champion operational requirements
- React quickly to issues, engaging with teams around the organization to drive resolution and acting resourcefully under tight timelines
- Demonstrate an ongoing comprehensive working knowledge of first party and third party regulations and best practices governing the collections industry
- Conduct detailed analysis from a variety of data sources; provide actionable insights to scale operations for increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Define and measure KPIs to track department performance and progress
- Ensure all department goals are met including quantitative targets, project timelines, quality assurance standards, etc.
- Collaborate with our workforce management team and operations managers to determine resourcing needs and staffing plans
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the business to define needs and roadmaps
- Lead a team of direct reports and serve as a positive motivator
Why you are fit for Avant:
- 5+ years of work experience with 3+ years of direct people management experience (collections preferred)
- BA/BS degree
- Data-oriented with a focus on core KPIs and reporting; proven capability of executing various data-driven projects
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Superb communication skills with ability to frame a point and discuss at all levels within the organization
- Experience in managing Agency/Client relationships
- Limited travel required
- MBA and/or Six Sigma experience a plus
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description