Principal Compliance Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing department or functional units in support of the overall compliance program components. Oversees the development of accurate, sustainable and timely compliance reporting for Fair and Responsible Banking Compliance. Expands key risk metrics and develops information reporting strategies for Fair Lending and UDAAP. Plans and deploys methodologies, tools, system and techniques. Ensures the accuracy and reliability of data and information within the compliance reporting framework.
How You’ll Do It
- Assist with identifying and assessing compliance program risks and controls.
- Support management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance programs and a culture of compliance.
- Leads and manages the compilation of reporting and communications for Fair and Responsible Banking (F&RB) Compliance. Delivers the reports to key stakeholders, Compliance Leadership and F&RB Committee.
- Facilitates F&RB reporting requirements. Provides information to enable first lines of defense to proactively monitor and assess compliance risk and emerging risks within the Fair and Responsible Banking Programs.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of key risk metrics and standard reports to assist with managing Fair Lending and UDAAP risk. Partners with the business to develop rationales for metric threshold breaches.
- Leads programs and projects related to various data analysis and infrastructure needs.
- Maintains department level procedures, job aids and standard work for all of the above activities.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in business, security, law, computer science, data analytics, or risk
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, PMP, RIMS, or similar license/certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.