Research Operations Associate at Flexport
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a Research Operations Associate to help us coordinate user research and improve our operational excellence. As a Research Operations Associate, you will work directly with Researchers and Product Designers to plan, implement, and coordinate research projects and build processes to scale our research program. To be successful, this individual must be relentlessly organized, embrace change, have a growth mindset, think end-to-end, and communicate clearly. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade. This role is available in either our San Francisco, Chicago or Bellevue office.You will:
- Coordinate the end-to-end recruiting process, including sourcing, screening, scheduling and communicating with participants before and after the study.
- Collaborate with Researchers and Designers to plan research studies, decide sourcing methods, develop screening criteria, and execute the plan.
- Participate and take notes during research sessions as needed.
- Promote compliance with policies and adoption of best practices.
- Develop and scale research operations by improving documentation, processes, and tools across the team.
- Manage shared resources, such as team website, training materials, playbooks, and knowledge repositories.
- Source and evaluate vendors as needed. Work with legal, security, and procurement teams to onboard and pay vendors, including facilitating statements of work and contracts.
- Partner with others to deliver on Operations initiatives including building team culture, strengthening connection, and improving communication.
- 2+ Years Experience in a Research or Design Operations role
- Experience in administrative duties, project management, process improvement or related field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent collaboration, coordination, and organizational skills
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Interest in Product Design, User Experience, or Research
- Ability to work across multiple projects at one time in a fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.