Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Do you have experience managing large technical vendors? Do you want Operational Excellence a walk of your day to day duties? Are you tech savvy to resolve critical issues? If you have answered yes to above, you are in the right place.
The Senior Business Operations Consultant provides operational business support for business partners, leads operational projects to implement new products, releases and solutions, and resolves escalated customer issues. He/she will be responsible for managing operational relationships with complex and large partners.
Responsible for the strategic development of initiatives. Leads and guides the work of technical staff. Participates in an agile work team. Breaks epics into features and serves as the voice of the product for business and technical delivery. Plans, sizes, assess impacts, monitors progress, and reports on work initiatives.
· Works closely with vendors on a day-to-day basis; assisting with planning and developing the vendor management policy, program and procedures; facilitating contract negotiation processes.
· Monitors vendor risk even after the vendor contract is executed (e.g., monitoring performance levels and periodically requesting and analyzing current due diligence)
· Communicates with internal departments such as lines of business/business units, internal audit, senior management and more to answer vendor questions and oversee tasks
· Works cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups as well as vendors to improve the quality of our services and efficiency and scalability of our operations.
· Drives efficiency of SRC servicing work-streams to ensure outstanding customer service and support. Develop and drive improvements across internal and external partners to create best-in-class operational experiences through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach
· Runs operational readiness of new features or policy changes.
· Leads regularly scheduled, cross-functional updates and business reviews.
· Engages with colleagues across cross-functional teams to identify integration points and dependencies; develop high level solution proposals for these integrations.
· Develops and maintains features from prioritized epics in collaboration with solutions architects and product owners. Ensures each feature is aligned with product vision, has adequate acceptance criteria, and meets the definition of ready when delivered.
· Makes critical decisions regarding functionality and priority of work efforts. Provides product and technical guidance to product owners in order to drive results and signs off to accept each feature.
· Solves problems critical to the success of project initiatives. Works with teams to identify and remove roadblocks.
· Participates in planning events, system demos, retrospectives, inspect and adapt workshops, and other ceremonies.
· Develops and maintains project plans to drive results on new project initiatives. Ensures tasks, deliverables, and schedule commitments are met. Provides effective reporting of milestone completions.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· H.S. Diploma or GED
· 4+ years of experience as Product Manager, Technical Consultant, Business Analyst, or Project Management, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Finance, Engineering, Social Sciences, or related field
· 6+ years of experience as Product Manager, Technical Consultant, Business Analyst, or Project Management, or related experience
· 4+ years of experience in Payments Industry, or related experience
· Experience in supporting large technical vendors
· Experience in building metrics, dashboards, and SOPs
· SAFe (Scale Agile Framework): Product Manager/Product Owner (PM/PO), or related certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.