Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $4 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
The Senior Credit Operations Associate will work in tandem with the Spend Operations Manager on the launch of the M1 Spend credit card product as well as the ongoing day-to-day management and evolvement post launch. Responsibilities are outlined below though it will be expected that the Senior Credit Operations Associate maintains a flexible attitude as the role solidifies based on the needs of the company.
What You'll Do
- Launch preparation and support of the M1 Spend credit card.
- Relationship management with external vendors and partners.
- Development and documentation of standard operating procedures as well as trainings for the ongoing day-to-day support of the credit card offering once launched.
- Partnership and oversight of customer care support including but not limited to team mapping, training, outsourcing support, etc.
- Help support and advocate for team structure and staffing needs.
- Determine new vendors and technologies needed to scale and optimize processes related to credit.
- Be a driving force in the evolution of Spend. This role will be a key player in ensuring that the right decisions are made to solidify Spend as a premier product offering. It will be pivotal that the Spend Operations Senior Associate is committed to asking the right questions and driving toward the right improvements.
- Strategic partnership with other parts of the organization as new features are added to the Spend product. Have a seat at the table as roadmap decisions are made to ensure that the operational support needs are represented.
- Analysis of key performance metrics and the implementation of improvements to the current processes as needed.
- 5-7 years of experience in credit card operations, specifically fintech
- People management experience
- Experience developing processes, meeting deadlines, and paying close attention to detail
- Analytical, metrics and data-driven mindset
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-activity environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with leadership
- Proven project management skills
- SQL experience, a plus
- Finance experience, a plus
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym