The Senior Director, Airfreight Development will lead Flexport’s Demand org in selling new customers, developing existing accounts and also driving our overall go-to-market strategy for Flexport Air. By partnering with our sales organization, you will foster a culture of learning and revenue growth while also collaborating with product and operations teams on further commercializing our air freight solution.
This role is ideal for an inspiring global leader who can work across a diverse, global, and high performing team.You will:
- Be responsible for development and growth of the Air Freight Product partnering with the Regional Tradelane Management teams, the VP of Network and Global Head of Air Freight
- Take specific responsibility to guide the Demand org in Flexport’s Airfreight Go To Market Strategy (from lead generation to account implementation) and drive to deliver on the identified high level commercial targets (tonnage and net revenue)
- Take joint ownership as the Senior Leader on the Demand side with your counterpart on the Supply side (Senior Director, Global Air and Ocean Consolidations) to scope, develop, and drive a two way Airfreight program in particular focusing on exports from Asia to USA / Europe and also Exports from the USA / Europe
- Be the key point of contact and decision maker in managing and collaborating air cargo development across the various orgs within Flexport focusing on pricing strategies, network development and service capabilities.
- Drive growth through partnership with Network Trade Lane Management and Supply Chain Operations teams across the world delivering a best in industry level of customer satisfaction
- Experience at leadership level managing a large Air cargo operation for sales and operations (Regional or major geography GMs or head of airfreight)
- In-depth freight forwarding knowledge and experience in operations, sales, account management and technology enablement
- Creative mind to help define and develop the “why would a customer buy Air from Flexport?”
- Deep financial knowledge of the freight forwarding business
- Stable Air Cargo business success (volume and net revenue targets as defined in 2021 financial plan) for Air Cargo business on a selected set of core lanes
- Air Cargo - sales development program (process [KPI driven] & enablement) - KPI’s/ milestones
- Vibrant sales pipeline actively managed and driven by Flexport sales organization
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.