Senior Director Customer Engagement Experience at Walgreens
Responsible for leading a team of designers, researchers, technology experts and program leads who are changing the way customers engage with Walgreens on various contact channels – voice, chat, SMS, email. Lead efforts to define, design and deliver customer-centric strategies aimed at creating a seamless, integrated, and personalized experience for our customers. This role is integral to executing a transformative strategy to enrich the customer engagement experience.
- Lead user-centered design and continuous improvement efforts to define, design and deliver large scale omni-channel customer experience. Focusing on platform consolidation, personalized self-service automation (particularly in voice, chat and SMS), and seamless transitions from self-service to customer service.
- Define platform strategy and technology roadmap for enterprise-grade customer engagement experience. Major components include voice platform for IVR, language technology (e.g. directed dialog speech recognition, natural language processing) for automation across channels, outbound notification channels, CTI/queuing and routing.
- Work with internal stakeholders to generate business justification for customer experience initiatives and necessary platform investment.
- Provide executive leadership with the state of Customer Engagement and upcoming activities that differentiates the company from competitors.
- Champion the customer engagement experience and platform capabilities across the enterprise, creating partnerships with other lines of business and delivery teams to deliver solutions.
- Creates and drives new ways of working through a strategic lens. Challenges conventional retail thinking in the delivery of best in class customer experience.
- Provide thought leadership around the evolution of customer engagement experience, frequently providing the enterprise with insights, analysis and recommendations on “what’s next” and where relevant technologies are headed.
- Support a creative and nimble culture within the organization to drive effective and efficient results.
- Plan, develop and manage large departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication and training and development opportunities.
- Manage vendor relationships on behalf of the enterprise to deliver solutions in a cost effective manner.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 6 years of experience in developing and building technology around the customer engagement experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in developing technology and building technology the customer engagement experience.
- Experience managing multiple customer engagement channels – phone/IVR, chat, SMS, email.
- Experience applying user-centered design to create and continuously improve and manage large scale self-service automation applications across one or more customer engagement channels, particularly voice, chat, and SMS.
- Experience managing a large team with diverse responsibilities and skillsets
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience establishing and maintaining partnerships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience managing a team that practices Agile methodology
- Experience with Lean, 6 sigma, and/or continuous improvement.
- Experience working with digital & marketing