Senior Fraud Associate at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
The Senior Fraud Associate will work in tandem with our Senior Fraud Manager on the oversight and management of the day-to-day fraud Operations. The role will monitor fraud on both our Invest and Spend products. To be successful, you’ll need to be a strong, organized manager who can work collaboratively with their direct team and teams across the organization.
What you’ll do
- Lead, develop and manage a team of high performing Fraud Associates
- Act as a point of contact for internal, external and client escalations
- Maintain relationships with external vendors and proactively communicate
- Research potential fraudulent trends and assist in developing new fraud strategies
- Create and implement processes, policies, and standards to further enhance fraud strategic goals
- Support Sr. Manager and Strategic Initiative associate with quarterly initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Product and Engineering teams to identify and execute improvements to the fraud processes
- Participate in creating the department roadmap and own projects to help achieve identified goals
Reporting and Analytics:
- Create, monitor, communicate and resolve variances between fraud metrics
- Ensure accuracy of financial reporting as it relates to fraud losses
- Monitor bandwidth and identify solutions to drive department efficiencies
- 3+ years of project management and people management, Fintech experience preferred
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed, detail-oriented and organized
- Exceptional people management skills
- SQL experience, a plus
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym