Senior Manager, Business Transformation Office at Walgreens
The Senior Manager, Business Transformation Office role with the Retail Products and Shared Services Group in the Walgreens One Plan Change Office. This group is responsible for leading business transformation for the Retail, Merchandising, Marketing and Supply Chain functions with focus on value generation. This role is responsible for leading key transformation programs in the Marketing and/or Merchandising space.
Partners with the business to enable set-up of large transformational programs including set-up of the program team, cross-functional galvanization and governance support to enable kick-off.
Leads identification and administration of key interdependencies and linkages between key Marketing, Merchandising and/or Digital programs.
Partners with business partners to define and deliver transformation program benefits, developing action plans to meet and/or exceed benefits and maximize return on transformation program investments.
• Collaborates with business partners to define, develop, and implement the largest, cross-functional programs, in Retail Products & Shared Services, delivering value for the organization.
• Responsible for working directly with senior leadership to design the structure of new and existing transformation programs with the business, informed by a deep understanding of the state of the assigned business.
• Provides strategic direction related to all aspects of assigned portfolio, including defining the planning approach, team structure, engagement activities, and value assessment across all programs in the portfolio.
• Brings value-added “best practices” in program management to business partners, helping to drive focus towards the activities required to deliver on goals and achieve planned benefits (short / long-term).
• Assesses ongoing and post-implementation transformation program progress / impact and synthesizes it for executive audiences.
• Provides subject-matter expertise and industry-best practices related to retail products, program management, and organizational change management.
• Guides and manages team to structure analyses required to facilitate greater value from the transformation portfolio.
• Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience and demonstrated thought leadership in the area of retail, marketing, and/or supply chain or HS Diploma/ GED and at least 7 years of experience and demonstrated thought leadership in the area of retail, marketing, and/or supply chain.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience facilitating cross-functional working sessions.
- Ability to structure complex problems and develop a data-driven approach to executing transformation programs.
- Experience managing large-scale transformation programs – including proactive risk mitigation and identification / escalation of cross-functional dependencies and continuous evaluation of intended benefits assumptions.
- Experience influencing others to support an idea, agenda, or direction.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master’s degree.
- Management consulting experience.
- Project Management certification
- Retail, Merchandising, Marketing or Supply Chain experience