Senior Manager, Engagement Management - Healthcare at Walgreens
The Horizon 3 program is a rapidly growing start-up within the broader Walgreens organization. Its goal is to build a new consumer-centric, technology-enabled healthcare business, enabling consumers to find, get, and manage their care, when, where, and how they want to. This role is responsible for defining and implementing aspects of the program management of the Horizon 3 (H3) program, including strategies, processes, and resources. Provides program management and oversight from conception and planning through implementation, launch, and post-launch support. Implements performance management cadence and tracking tools to increase program transparency, ensure accountability and discipline, and highlight and resolve key risks and blockers. Supports governance meetings with executive leaders and key internal and external stakeholders.
Provides business strategy and operations leadership and guidance to team members to achieve complex goals. Captures and tracks program risks, and works with the organization to develop mitigations for the most critical risks. Communicates program milestones, schedules, and risks to the business, product, and technical teams and to the broader organization. Capable of wearing multiple hats within an agile and dynamic start-up environment. By monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting trends, becomes a source of insight with the ability to lead complex cross-functional projects, problem solve, and innovate.
- Partners with multi-disciplinary teams (product management, product development, sales, customer solutions, communications, and operations) to implement strategic initiatives. Conducts strategic analyses, prepares business cases, and performs business intelligence research.
- Formulates a comprehensive program management plan that aligns with the overall business objectives, budgetary considerations, and product requirements. Ensures key milestones and outcomes are turned into action plans for execution by the H3 teams. Responsible for a portfolio of H3 projects that have broad impact on the organization.
- Participates in business growth by executing organic and inorganic growth strategy.
- Executes strategic initiatives based on current trends and analysis relevant to the appropriate domain.
- Effectively cascades and implements initiatives properly aligned with the enterprise-wide priorities.
- Establishes and tracks project plans for an overall program, including schedules, budgets, and resourcing for the program teams. Tracks and adjusts plans, schedules, and outcomes based on evolving program scope and requirements as well as business and program issues that arise. Supports resource redistribution and engagement of supplemental resources to address critical issues and needs.
- Establishes a risk management plan for each project. Anticipates, captures, and manages program risks, and works with the organization to develop mitigations for the most critical risks. Regularly communicates critical risks, probability of occurrence, and risk mitigations to the business unit leadership and other key stakeholders. Provides timely notification of any critical risks that manifest, and supports mitigation plans to address related issues. Works with teams to resolve blockers and ensures timely escalation when needed.
- Defines a robust stakeholder approach to engage the business for an effective end-to-end strategy delivery model.
- Provides functional and industry expertise to support analysis and review of business development opportunities.
- Leads alignment, within a complex matrixed environment, on program scope and works to gain alignment with teams on vision, business goals, and program structure. Supports cross-functional efforts to meet program needs.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to enable seamless integration from strategy formulation to execution. Interfaces and coordinates with program stakeholders within the business unit and business unit senior management to define program objectives, provide status updates, and prepare for release and deployment. Applies business process expertise to plan complex programs and resolve issues.
- Leads team and facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, partners, and other resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management, customer and partner organizations, and vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- May present findings and recommendations to Leadership team.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in strategy, management consulting, corporate development, or investment banking OR High School Diploma/GED with at least 7 years of experience in strategy, management consulting, corporate development, or investment banking
- Experience collaborating with both internal resources, external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines
- Experience utilizing time management skills and balancing more than one project and competing priorities across complex programs.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience building credibility and rapport with senior executives, business, operational, product, and technical teams. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience solving complex problems
- At least 3 years of experience in business analysis and project management
- At least 3 years of experience in strategic analysis
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or Master’s degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Management Consulting Firm with experience in Healthcare, Retail, or Pharmacy sectors