Senior Manager, Leadership Communications at Walgreens
Responsible for designing, developing and executing complex communications strategies, plans and messaging that supports the Company’s programs and leaders. These communications can be broad-reaching with significant impact to customers, employees, and other key stakeholders.
- Provides strategic communications regarding initiatives that drive performance in the company and its critical functions.
- Designs, develops and deploys creative communication. Identifies target audience and develops communication that will engage and create interest with the audience, and deliver messages that will support and build our business and create goodwill with customers and employees.
- Maintains a knowledge of company and external events or issues for which a Company position should be leveraged online. Ensures that the company’s communication places Walgreens in the best possible position with key stakeholders, customers and employees.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of an annual digital communications strategy and plan for the company that is integrated with and supports key activities of company and supports business objectives.
- Develops and implements communications strategies on complex, key business initiatives and events, including outlining objectives and strategies, creating appropriate messaging, managing timelines and project deadlines and managing contributions and expectations.
- Collaborates with all areas of Communications and other key stakeholders to ensure all digital communications planning, execution and messaging is integrated and linked with company positions and corporate goals. Collaborates with other Communications leaders to identify, design and create materials and events that will deliver company messages to key audiences.
- Acts as a representative for Communications to effectively communicate company positions, corporate goals and objectives to digital audiences. Identifies target audiences for messaging and designs communications that engages the reader.
- Masters relevant industry and business unit information.
- Manages the design, development, and deployment of employee communication that will be delivered through digital channels to an internal audience. Collaborates with leaders throughout the company to identify engaging stories and messages pertaining to business objectives, employee profiles and company activities that present Walgreens as an employer of choice and a best-in-class employer.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The Company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe. WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The Company’s size, scale, and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Including through its equity method investments, WBA:
is present in more than 25* countries
employs more than 440,000* people
has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries.The Company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The Company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE*** magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies and ranked first in the food and drugstore category. This is the 26th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience developing, executing and integrating communications plans.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience providing counsel, influence and challenge to the thinking of business leaders.
- Experience writing and editing in AP style.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience leading and completing multiple projects on deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications and/or English.
- Knowledge of change management methodologies.
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.