Senior Manager, OneIT Supplier Relationship Management at Walgreens
The role exists to support and manage, control and optimize IT supplier Sourcing Strategy, IT supplier Relationship Management, and IT supplier Performance and Risk Management for global OneIT. The role’s primary focus is to lead the in-program Supplier Relationship Management functions for a set of strategic programs within the company. Our strategic programs within WBA relies heavily in a cohesive governance framework between WBA colleagues and 3rd parties (products and services provider). For these programs to be successful, we implement carefully selected components of the supplier management practice specific to the program working very closely with the program team.
The role requires an experienced Sr. Manager with proven experience in IT, supplier management and supplier negotiations. As a member of the team, the role will be responsible for creating strong partnerships with suppliers and internal program colleagues to ensure there is a trustful and collaborative relationship between all parties to enable successful delivery. This role will work closely with respective Supplier Relationship Managers who own the day to day relationship with each partner. This role is part of the most dynamic and strategically important function witihin One IT and will gain exposure to senior leaders across a wide variety of business organizations.
Activities include the following in the context of the programs in scope: IT Strategy and Partner Alignment and Execution; supplier relationship management, supplier performance management (working with the respective program teams); customer surveys and other feedback processes. In addition, this role will include working very closely with Group Procurement and Legal on related strategic supplier negotiations and managing the related contracts (including Deliverables & Obligations, Contract Interpretation, Dispute Resolution, etc).
- The role will report to the Sr. Director Supplier Relationship Management and Chief of Staff SVP and Global CIO –however it is imperative for success in this role to develop strong relationships of trust with key IT , Finance, Procurement, Legal and other stakeholders of the enterprise.
- The role requires a strong commercial IT leader with a good understanding of management of costs, experience with sourcing strategy, procurement and commercial agreements.
- The incumbent will lead and support a small team and therefore also requires people leadership capability.
- Strategy Alignment: Working with the relevant program stakeholders and procurement, drive the formulation of the program 3rd partnership strategy in alignment with the specific and designated strategic program strategy (e.g., cost, control, risk, speed, captive vs owned).
- Objectives and Scoping: Strategic program driven, evaluating whether a process should be in-or outsourced and clarifying sourcing objectives (e.g., quality, cost, flexibility, risk) so that expectations are clearly understood and established.
- Sourcing Model Selection: Program and IT sourcing strategy driven, defining of structural dimensions of the sourcing model: onshore / nearshore / offshore, internal/external, single/multiple vendor relationships. Leveraging structural dimensions into process criteria: partner/location selection criteria (e.g., existing knowledge, cost, quality, political stability, country specific legal issues, etc).
- Contract Management and Procurement Collaboration: Partner with procurement to execute the agreed sourcing strategy including negotiations and on-boarding. Supports procurement in contract management and dispute resolution
- Supplier Portfolio Analysis: Analysis of IT suppliers in scope to identify the relative roles of each supplier within the overall program and the interplay between suppliers and the enterprise IT functions with the objective of enhancing the certainty of program success
- Supplier Engagement Strategy: Develop and implement appropriate ongoing supplier engagement strategy based on results of supplier analysis and portfolio analysis, develop recommendations for the optimal approach to be taken for the supplier portfolio and the individual suppliers within the program.
- Supplier Communications and Relationship Management: Plan and manage communications approach with each and collective ecosystem of suppliers (inc internal organization, supplier organization, mapping of relationships, meetings plan, review points, external marketing of relationship, basic rules of engagement, etc).
- Supplier Risk Management: Work with the internal SRM colleagues to understand ongoing supplier risks and evolving external environment risks and implement appropriate mitigating actions for the programs in scope
- Manages the vendor relationship including determining in scope and out of scope work, working through any interpretation of contract terms and monitoring/reviewing SLA adherence. Performs deep dive research on missed SLAs Partners with the vendor to drive continuous improvement resulting in improved service and/or lower cost. Reviews and approves any request prioritizations. Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities.
- Champions our Customers (internal as well as external as appropriate), Drives for results setting high personal standards and demanding the same of others. Demonstrates courage and willingness to anticipate and drive positive change. Has a restless desire to innovate and go further. Sets an example to others through actively demonstrating and living the WBA Vision, Purpose and Values.
- Oversees and manages managers, supervisors and individual contributors. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of IT or related experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of IT or related experience.
- Experience in supplier management and supplier negotiation
- Knowledge of Application Development activities, including an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (waterfall and agile) and Infrastructure functions and activities.
- At least 3 years of experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with Partners/ Vendors / IT Suppliers
- Experience understanding customer's business processes/drivers and informational needs.
- Experience of working with business and technical leadership teams.
- At least 2 years of experience defining, measuring and delivering Partner / Supplier Key Performance Indicators.
- At least 2 years of experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, negotiation, contracts.
- Experience from projects of activities in technology development and building product roadmaps in a large corporate environment.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience collaborating to help the program leadership develop and implement the right sourcing strategy.
- Experience facilitating technology partnerships and collaborating with suppliers from executives to account executives.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Masters Degree in relevant discipline and/or MBA
- Strong Financial Background
- Extensive Procurement Experience or working within a procurement team
- Strong Governance Background with third party suppliers