Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing a team that leads technology development or support processes. Defines and assess processes in line with appropriate controls, standards, and policies. Defines performance metrics and tracks the performance of processes. Manages escalated technology issues. Provides oversight and direction in the resolution of critical incidents impacting production systems. Manages the production support operations & automation for core payments connectivity and data flows from customer entry point and surrounding technology components
To be successful (and we know you can be), you will need to have a strong IT understanding with work experience in off- and on-premise cloud based and virtual system infrastructure and peripheral services including network, firewall, and database management. We also need you to understand the application development and quality assurance ends of the spectrum as you will need to interface with that crew as well. During problem escalations you are the driver of the team that finds the root cause, restores functionality, and proposes the long term solution.
In this role you will:
· Manages a team that leads technology development or support processes. Develops service level agreements, a metrics to assess process performance. Handles issues escalations. Ensures processes are adhering to defined controls, procedures, and policies.
· Provides oversight and direction in resolving critical incidents impacting production systems. Ensures the timely resolution of restoring service during outages. Communicates status of major incidents to technology management.
· Develops service level objectives and metrics for applications.
· Directs daily operations of L1.5 team, analyze workflow, establish priorities, and develop standards and sets deadlines.
· Manages, assign, and ensures the resolution of all incidents raised against application processing platforms. Provides performance statistics to leadership.
· Coaches, mentors, and manages the performance of a team. Develops and maintains individual development plans for career progression and employee engagement. Addresses performance and behavior issues on the team.
· Assists with implementations and enhancements to application systems.
· Manages and reviews team budgets. Monitors vendor contracts and ensures they are delivering on defined service level agreements. Reports vendor performance to management.
· Frequently interface with Business Technology & business leadership to understand near and long term needs and identify opportunities for the contact center channel to drive value and efficiency.
· Meets with the department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
· Translate technology challenges and opportunities to key business stakeholders to ensure buy in and prioritization.
· Manages infrastructure change control for applications and platforms.
· Manages a technology team. Leads team and peers to ensure capacity and application performance management.
· Identifies and implements opportunities for greater automation, with the goal of further improving our Operations model
H.S. Diploma or GED
· 6+ years in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
· 2+ years of people management
· Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or Engineering
· 8+ years in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
· 4+ years of people management
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.