The Spend Operations Associate will work in tandem with the Spend Operations Manager on the day-to-day operations of the M1 Spend product. Responsibilities are outlined below though as the Spend product is new to the M1 family, it will be expected that the Spend Operations Associate maintains a flexible attitude as the role solidifies based on the needs of the company. Responsibilities will range from daily tasks to those more strategic in nature. The Spend Operations Associate would benefit from previous banking and operations experience.
- Oversight of Spend Operations Intern and the tasks he or she is assigned. Act as a resource for the Spend Operations Intern.
- Escalation of manual review issues and rejections as well as communication with Lincoln Savings Bank where needed.
- Support Client Success Associates as they answer Spend related tickets and calls.
- Development and maintenance of internal trainings and customer facing support articles on Spend processes in partnership with the Spend Operations Manager.
- Build and cultivate relationships cross functionally to improve processes, develop and execute promotions
- Monthly processing of M1 Plus perks related to Spend such as cash back and ATM reimbursement queries to ensure timely payout of benefits.
- Partnership with the Spend Operations Manager to process monthly write-off of negative Spend accounts.
- Active participant in relationship with M1’s charter bank to support executing and prioritizing key initiatives. This includes gathering inputs for weekly calls and following up on next steps to ensure that the program is run as efficiently as possible.
- Weekly creation and distribution of the complaints and disputes logs to the proper contacts at M1’s charter bank while more broadly serving as the liaison between the internal M1 compliance and operations teams.
- Support the M1 Fraud team on Spend related fraud issues.
- Execute on ad hoc projects that require comfort with numbers to make informed decisions.
- 1-3 years of experience in financial operations or logistics
- 1+ years of experience with complex and/or highly regulated products
- Banking industry and regulation experience, a plus
- Experience developing processes, meeting deadlines, and paying close attention to detail
- Analytical, metrics and data-driven mindset
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-activity environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with leadership
- Proven project management skills
- SQL experience, a plus
- Finance experience, a plus
- FINRA licensing, a plus