Sr Manager, Drop Ship & Third Party Log, Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Senior Manager, Dropship & 3PL will build and manage all supply chain planning and related activities for our Digital Supply Chain Dropship Program, Warehouse Operations and 3PL provider performance. This role provides the opportunity to make a real impact on business results, process design and the evolution of our growth strategy. He/She owns managing partner relationships with our EDI/ Vendor Enablement and 3PL service providers.
The Senior Manager, Dropship /3PL will directly manage a team of 5-7 DropShip and Warehouse personnel in the daily operational activities related to the ongoing management of Zoro’s direct-to-customer (D2C) and cross-dock fulfillment channels. This role will be accountable to provide focus and integration of data throughout the eCommerce order fulfillment process to make it easy for our customers to get the right products as quickly and efficiently as possible to run their businesses. Will utilize knowledge and capabilities across the supply chain sub-specialties of demand planning, supply planning, order fulfillment, inventory management and logistics.
He/she will be accountable for providing operational leadership in building robust DropShip Supplier Partner Enablement Operations (Initiation, Planning, Engagement, Escalation and Execution), end-to-end systems integration and processes to ensure systems functionality and service levels that bring predictability and efficiency to both the customer experience and the Dropship Fulfillment and 3PL supply chain network operations.
This position is also responsible for the management of previous implemented programs and initiatives. Potential key initiatives include projects or programs that optimize the relationship between cycle time, availability, assortment expansion and supply chain efficiency to enable Zoro’s Direct-to-Customer sales growth.
- Lead the development and execution of supplier dropship enablement program, including supplier onboarding, eProcurement, working collaboratively with the Finance team on eInvoicing enablement. providing operational leadership in building robust DropShip Supplier Partner Enablement Operations (Initiation, Planning, Engagement, Escalation and Execution), end-to-end systems integration and processes to ensure systems functionality and service levels that bring predictability and efficiency to both the customer experience and the Dropship Fulfillment and 3PL supply chain network operations.
- Builds and provides operational leadership for Warehouse and Returns Operations, including focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence across the fulfillment network to drive speed, visibility, and focus on achieving an exceptional customer experience through integrated supply chain operations.
- Participates in the development of long and short-range fulfillment programs and roadmaps that drive the delivery sound operating results; exceed customer expectations, and balance fulfillment service levels with logistics costs for assigned supply chain fulfillment channels.
- Build the end to end operational plans across assigned fulfillment channels and manages key initiatives and pilots in those areas including supplier onboarding and issue resolution, emergency supply planning, data analysis and reporting, triaging/troubleshooting and providing thought leadership on solutions.
- Identify opportunities and implement streamlined and automated data integration to ensure fast, automated exchange of information such as inventory levels, orders, and end-to-end fulfillment tracking information.
- Builds supply chain analytics capabilities to measure supply chain effectiveness and manages the ongoing optimization of Zoro’s order routing logic to plan and optimize order fulfillment across the fulfillment network.
- Builds supply disruption and emergency preparedness plans to effectively assess and mitigate risks to the business. Manages supply chain disruptions in real time with the support of a cross-functional team.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards; provides reports on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in the area of Supply Chain, Economics, Management Science, or other quantitative business discipline. Master’s degree/MBA is preferred.
- 5+ years previous work experience preferably in eCommerce or retail industry
- Working knowledge of the use of quantitative methods to analyze situations and solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead and implement supply chain projects.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills with the ability to drive results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with an ability to present views in a clear and compelling manner
- Strong abilities interfacing with senior management, both internally & with external suppliers.
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and effectively multi-tasks across multiple initiatives/projects with rapid delivery of required materials and responses
- Liaise with key stakeholders internally across the supply chain including financial management as well as our external 3PL provider
- Must have ability to collaborate effectively, working cross functionally, build relationships and excel in a team environment
- Experience with retail, point-of-sale and inventory data
- Knowledge of appropriate systems (e.g. ERP and SQL, MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Business acumen/sound judgment essential.
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.