Sr. Manager, EMV Testing & Certification Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for leading the development and implementation of advanced EMV testing and certification strategies. Supports acquirers, issuers, and merchant end-to-end testing and certifications. Helps develop and support service providers with certification toolset and processes, leads Discover testing strategies with customization of vendor tools and systems.
The D-PAS Product Management team within Global Product and Pricing is responsible for developing, managing and implementing critical advanced payment products impacting all businesses in Discover Financial Services. These products are based on complex technologies including EMV and Contactless (i.e. NFC, QR). EMV is a specification for conducting secure transactions between cards with integrated chips (chip cards), POS terminals capable of reading chip cards, issuers and acquirers. The EMV specifications broadly impact the payment ecosystem from card issuing to merchant acquiring, and serve as the baseline technology for other products such as mobile payments. D-PAS is Discover Financial Services’ EMV-compliant payment specification.
This position will be responsible for ensuring Discover maintains its market position by developing testing and certification strategies that streamline vendor and client certifications enabling smooth and fast D-PAS implementations. The successful candidate will lead a team of subject matter experts to ensure certification programs are optimized across product verticals and that solutions put in place are effective across Discover Global Network including Diners Club International and PULSE.
This individual will also provide guidance to multiple internal teams that facilitate these certifications, and will be responsible for the overall certification strategy, plan, and tools. He or she will also have a critical role in representing DFS at major emerging payments industry forums, presenting at conferences, and will need to communicate effectively with the senior leaders of Discover and other organizations.
- Providing leadership and coaching to a group of highly technical team members to effectively deliver results.
- Continually learning and developing new skills in support of the function via self-learning, training, and industry standards participation. Knowledge of EMVCo testing standards.
- Responsible for understanding the regional market needs, assessing critical vendors/partners needed for testing and certification.
- Manages and coaches a team of technical testing and certification experts.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with internal stakeholders such as Acceptance, Products and Ops, and maintains critical vendor/partner relationships, externally.
- Leads the delivery of new EMV testing and certification capabilities/technology.
- Driving end-to-end EMV testing strategy, including test plan and test tool management, for D-PAS Card and POS products globally
- Delivering enhancements that ensure global interoperability, improve client experience, and ensure competitive parity (or deliver advantage) vs. other payment brands for similar certifications
- Maintaining close partnerships with multiple key strategic vendors, continually looking for ways to leverage those relationships to advance and optimize existing processes
- Leveraging technology & partnerships for innovation continuing to identify opportunities to streamline testing processes
- Ensuring close collaboration with internal partners, providing subject matter expertise in a wide a variety of settings, such sales meetings, internal development discussions, and other strategic decision-making sessions.
- Acting as an internal and external evangelist, expanding awareness of DFS advanced payment products and representing DFS at industry and client events. Delivering compelling presentations to all levels of internal and external management.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology, Science, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in EMVCo/Smart Card technology, Payments technology, or relate field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in EMVCo/Smart Card technology, Payments technology, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 10+ years of experience in Payments technology preferably including experience with EMV chip cards and with EMV certification test tools
- CSCIP Smart Card certification
- Ability to manage a global team remotely with direct reports located in multiple time zones
- Excellent client and vendor management skills, including ability to influence external partners to achieve results in tight timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic planning and goal setting, with a keen ability to prioritize. Ability to drive results under pressure
- Must have successfully led and implemented large, business critical projects, with a significant number of team members and budget
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to effectively deliver information to internal and external constituents at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to understand complex technical concepts.
- Able to travel globally
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.