Trucking Procurement Operations Specialist at Flexport
To continue our global expansion, we're looking for a Trucking Procurement Operations Specialist to work within our Trucking Procurement Operations Team to focus on increasing profitability through revenue capture initiatives. In this role, you will maintain procured cost databases and manage revenue dispute programs. Additionally, you will serve as a critical component of our marketplace management team tasked with ensuring timely and accurate quoting.You will:
- Drive internal marketplace operations for destination services; fulfill and execute quote requests, manage vendor rate books, and confirm rate quality
- Partner with and collaborate with trucking vendor procurement team to ensure providers are meeting revenue requirements as well as service-level agreements
- Manage and redefine weekly, monthly, and annual processes related to invoicing, billing, and compliance
- Think critically about team objectives and help set key measurements that drive our team toward success
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Finance, BBA or 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to manipulate large datasets and conduct analyses in spreadsheets
- Experience in SQL and business intelligence software would be a plus
- Track record of cross-functional collaboration, this role interacts with a variety of stakeholders; you can’t be afraid to have tough conversations!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.