We’re a growing company, and we need key players like you to work directly with America’s best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
We’re looking for a full-time Account Executive responsible for introducing, explaining and successfully closing with HR leaders of Fortune 500 clients.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 700 companies like Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform.
About the Role
In this role you will be focused primarily on outbound sales efforts, but you can expect some inbound leads as well. Working mostly over the phone, you’ll target Enterprise businesses, gaining commitment to buy, and successfully closing new clients each month. Once a deal is closed, you will be able to hand-off to a dedicated account manager and focus on what you do best, closing more business.
You will learn a tremendous amount about sales development and sales strategy, and gain experience that will stand you in good stead for the rest of your career.
With aggressive year-over-year growth, there is great upward mobility for career-motivated people at PerkSpot. The compensation package is generous and set up so that top performers are amply rewarded. There is very little travel required for this job -- 99% of accounts close without travel -- but travel is available when needed to close a particularly key account. Our package consists of a competitive base and commission. The position reports to the VP of Sales and is based in Chicago, IL.
A Successful Candidate Will Have:
- 2 years' experience in sales, with a proven track record of achieving quota
- Experience with selling a solution-based product to Enterprise accounts
- The ability to do the right thing under stress and tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and aggressive, but possessed of good teamwork skills
- Innate curiosity
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is big at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business and how we can best collaborate and win as a team.
- Learn about our value proposition and how we help our clients
- Understanding our clients buying motivations and common problems they face
- Identify and map top target accounts
- Practice various prospecting techniques
- Throughout Your Career Here
- Develop and elevate your skills
- Learn how to run an efficient and effective sales process
- Master advanced sales techniques
- Plan to work hard, learn a lot, and have fun while you're doing it
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team of fifty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.