Job Overview: As part of the Carrier Relations Team, the Account Manager will be expected to grow and maintain the relationships between Forager and the carriers within our marketplace. They will learn the ins and outs of each of their carrier’s businesses and determine their current and largest pain points. A very large part of the AM’s role is to be knowledgeable in all current and new SCOUT initiatives and be able to lead demos on the value add that our technology can provide each individual carrier based off their current needs and operations. AMs are expected to have high-level conversations with our engaged carriers to help determine new lane opportunities and ways to dedicate as much of their business as possible. They will become experts in their assigned region and are ultimately responsible for the continued growth of our supply side, while adding as much network and market data as possible.
- Targeted focus in further developing ‘Engaged’ carriers & adding network data to achieve ‘Network’ status such as preferred lanes, operating areas, and border crossings.
- Learn and understand all aspects of how portfolio carriers operate their business; for example, tracking methodology, pain points, etc.
- Educate carriers on Forager’s value add and products that will help their business.
- Become a SCOUT expert and develop the confidence to provide engaging demos to carriers at any time (including the load board).
- Be proactive and work hard to consistently bring new lane opportunities to carriers.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience building carrier relationships and/or booking loads in a freight brokerage or similar environment.
- Strong work ethic and persistence combined with patience and a positive attitude.
- Well established organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail.
- Capability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and resourcefulness to and resolve issues efficiently.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial type willing to take initiative and do what needs to be done.
- Bilingual (Spanish or French) a plus.
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
Forager is committed to keeping our employees, their families, and our community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have made the decision to continue working remotely until further notice. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.