Account Manager, Merchants
We’re a growing company, and we need key players like you to work directly with America’s largest businesses.
We’re looking for a full-time Account Manager to lead a team of talented salespeople in our Chicago office. You’ll partner with an established team of Account Executives who have a proven record of success. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Merchant Partnerships, you’ll play a crucial role in our sales strategy and execution.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 800 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Southwest to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
In this role, you will work with our Merchant Partnerships team and their clients. You will form relationships and be the point of contact for each merchant. Your role is to ensure each advertisement is presented in the best way possible and creates the best merchant experience. This role requires exceptional communication and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced and high energy environment.
Your first 30 days:
After one month in this role, you probably would have:
- Managed an advertising schedule and merchant relationships who will be part of an upcoming communication to millions of people
- Worked with a merchant to improve their branding and creative, leading to better conversions and more sales
- Identified an opening in an upcoming communication and suggested a list of merchants that could be featured
- Analyzed the performance of a recent campaign providing reports and insights to your merchants to improve their next promotion
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to create action plans for key accounts
- Account Management or Sales experience, preferably in the advertising/affiliate/marketing space
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- Expert-level organization and task management skills.
- Excellent phone presence — friendly, helpful and professional
- Photoshop skills highly desirable
- 1+ year of experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Basic copywriting and proofreading skills
- Microsoft Excel- intermediate level- a plus
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right.
Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.