Account Manager at PerkSpot
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from 800 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged in our platform.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager who is ready to join our Client Success team and hit the ground running. The primary focus of the Account Manager is to act as trusted advisor and ensure every PerkSpot client has a winning plan in place to successfully launch their program and frequently promote PerkSpot to their employees. The Account Managers provide prompt, consistent and empathetic solutions.
Account Managers are focused on account retention and expansion by reinforcing the PerkSpot Value Proposition. Account Managers grow opportunities in existing accounts by generating client interest in new services and product offerings.
A Successful Candidate Will Have:
- 3+ years in a client facing Account Management role with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to retain and grow accounts by establishing and implementing innovative program solutions, applying a strategic approach to managing initiatives, and focusing on customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify business questions, analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations to expand user engagement
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and relationship management skills
- Pride in acting as primary point of contact for clients and dedication to providing personalized experiences to each account
- Detail oriented with the ability to successfully multitask, solve problems, and drive business results in a fast-paced collaborative environment
Your First Month:
- Meet the team. Culture is big at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business and how we can best collaborate and win as a team.
- Start understanding what we currently do for clients and where we can improve to create a consistent and compelling service.
- Start working toward standard KPI’s:
Retention of accounts with 20,000 or more users
Reduction in time to launch new accounts
PreRegistration of net-new valid email addresses
Rewards & Recognition product upsells
Clients agree to Expanded Commitments
Throughout Your Career Here:
- Manage a set of assigned accounts
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of PerkSpot products and services
- Swiftly tend to client needs and act as an internal advocate
- Cultivate strong relationships with multiple client touch points
- Maintain a deep understanding of shifting client business objectives
- Provide strategic recommendations for increasing user engagement
- Grow accounts by generating client interest in new services and offerings
- Highlight and reinforce the PerkSpot Value Proposition to increase stickiness
- Host monthly Client Check-Ins for Top Ten Accounts and quarterly for all active accounts
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We are a team of around fifty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.