Associate Account Manager at PerkSpot (Chicago, IL)
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 800 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About the Role
The primary focus of the Associate Account Manager role is to partner closely with departmental resources to oversee accounts and deliver excellent customer service. Associate Account Managers will contribute to the successful delivery of our solutions and ensure clients meet their goals and objectives by managing a designated subset of accounts. Associate Account Managers are focused on account retention by reinforcing the PerkSpot Value Proposition.
- Manage a set of assigned accounts and overflow as needed
- Act as departmental liaison to Merchant Relations Team and complete GF offers
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of PerkSpot products and services
- Support any overflow needs of the department as directed by Management
- Swiftly tend to client needs and act as an internal advocate
- Cultivate strong relationships with multiple client touch points
- Gain familiarity with background and needs of PerkSpot top clients
- Highlight and reinforce the PerkSpot Value Proposition to increase stickiness
- Maintain a working knowledge of PerkSpot products, capabilities, and support processes
- Host monthly Client Check-Ins for Top Ten Accounts and quarterly for all active accounts
Key Performance Indicators
- Retention of accounts with 20,000 or more users
- PreRegistration of net-new valid email addresses
- Clients agree to participate in Expanded Commitments
- 1+ year in a client facing Account Management role with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of successfully managing projects, innovative thinking, and solving problems
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Professional approach to work with a service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to organize and execute upon competing priorities to meet daily and periodic deadlines
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!