Founded in 2001, Adage is an award-winning web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with enterprise-level clients to create their digital strategy and build complex technical solutions that connect them to their audience. Our people-first approach drives us to produce exceptional work, retain clients, and achieve national recognition in the Performing Arts and Association industries.
We're looking for a Business Development Executive to build relationships with new and existing enterprise customers while selling our design and development services, Digital Transformation Initiatives, and Adage products. As Business Development Executive, you will build relationships with C-level Executive decision-makers to help their organizations find solutions for complex business and technical challenges.
You will thoroughly research potential customers, initiate contact, then drive presentations and sales opportunities forward with qualified leads. You will have targeted account lists and partner referrals to work from, as well as Adage's strong reputation to back you. You'll promote and position Adage as a strategic partner, clearly articulating our innovative offerings and value proposition throughout a 3-9 month sales cycle. Your impact will help Adage continue to grow and hit our goals of 15% YOY growth.
The ideal candidate is a persuasive, resilient self-starter with a passion for technology and a successful sales record in a professional services environment.
What you will be doing:
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Working with Adage Design, Development, and Project Management teams to propose technical solutions that help achieve client goals
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients (RFP, presentations)
- Using a consultative method to understand client needs and get buy-in from a variety of stakeholders
- Leading sales presentations for executives spanning technology, marketing, and operations departments
We want someone who:
- Strong understanding and conversant on digital web and commerce technologies
- 5 years of experience in a sales role, with at least 2 years selling digital web design and development services
- Experience closing sales solutions averaging more than $250,000
- Formal Sales Training (Sandler, etc.) highly desired
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred
- A passion for technology and the ability to discuss web technology concepts at a high level
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage contacts through a long sales cycle
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain's list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people-first approach and support our employees with the things that matter most. You'll enjoy a work-life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days of paid time off annually. Adage offers excellent benefits with 85% employer-paid insurance, profit-sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team representing and respecting diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.