Business Development Executive
Founded in 2001, Adage is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create their digital strategy and develop the platforms to connect them with their audiences. It’s our people first approach that drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology.
We’re looking for a Business Development Executive to build relationships with new and existing customers to sell our design and development services along with Adage products. You will be responsible for initiating contact with potential customers to generate and qualify leads, and identify sales opportunities. You’ll position Adage as a strategic partner, clearly articulating our offerings and value proposition to Senior Executive level decision makers throughout a 3-9 month sales cycle.
The ideal candidate is a persuasive, resilient self-starter with a passion for technology and a successful sales record in a professional services environment.
What you will be doing:
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Working with Adage Design, Development, and Project Management teams to propose technical solutions that help achieve client goals
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients (RFP, presentations)
- Using a consultative method to understand client needs and get buy-in from variety of stakeholders
- Leading sales presentations for executives spanning technology, marketing, and operations departments
- Aid in handing off projects to delivery teams
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
We want someone who:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 5 Years’ experience in similar technology services sales environment
- A passion for technology and the ability to discuss web technology concepts at a high level
- Experience in selling professional services (via Statements of Work) in excess of 6 figures
- Ability to connect with stakeholders across various departments
- High level understanding of web development, CMS and IT concepts, solutions and environments
- Formal Sales Training (Sandler, etc.) highly desired
- Strong communication and active listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage contacts through a long sales cycle
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 90% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.