Business Development Manager, Flexport Capital
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. We’re growing rapidly and expanding the capabilities of our platform to offer trade finance solutions to our customers. Our customers ship over $10 billion in goods annually with Flexport and require significant working capital to run their businesses. We are looking for driven, intellectually curious, financially literate, and sales minded Business Development Manager to help us grow and introduce the world to Flexport Capital. As one of the first sales professionals on the team you’ll have a greenfield opportunity, with uncapped commission, to help launch a new line of business, build a world class sales organization, and make an impact on a $2 trillion market.
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their working capital needs, supply chains, and distribution strategy
- Communicate the value of Flexport Capital through remote and in person meetings with client executives
- Develop and execute a plan to build pipeline from new and existing customers in your territory
- Qualify opportunities, manage your pipeline through our sales process, and maintain an accurate forecast
- Negotiate and close new trade finance accounts for approved businesses
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, and develop strategic account plans
You should have:
- 3 years of experience in a customer facing sales role at a financial services firm, fintech startup, or high growth enterprise software company. Minimum 1 year in a closing, quota carrying role
- Genuine passion for both helping small businesses grow and financial services
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales meeting and structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
- Familiarity with financial statements and small business working capital needs
- BA/BS required. MBA or undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance strongly preferred
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.