Business Development Manager, Global Customs at Flexport
A place to do your best work
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in global trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and Customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
We’re growing rapidly and expanding the capabilities of our platform to offer customs and trade compliance solutions to our customers. As one of the first commercially focused professionals on the team you’ll have a greenfield opportunity to help launch a new line of business, work with a world class sales organization, and make an impact on a $2 trillion market.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute a plan to build pipeline from new and existing customers in your territory
- Qualify opportunities, manage the pipeline, and maintain an accurate forecast
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their customs and trade compliance needs
- Communicate the value of Flexport Customs through remote and in person meetings with clients
- Work closely with team members to draft Request for Proposal (RFPs)
- Negotiate and close new global customs accounts for approved businesses
- Develop a solid understanding of new and existing key account businesses
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, and develop strategic account plans
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing sales role at a freight forwarder, Customs brokerage, logistics startup, or high growth enterprise software company. Minimum 1 year in a closing, quota carrying role
- Genuine passion for helping businesses with customs and trade compliance
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales meeting and structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) systems e.g. salesforce.com
- BA/BS required. MBA or undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance strongly preferred
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.