Business Development Representative (BDR) - Remote at Black Spectacles
Are you a hunter? Do you thrive in an organization that values your ability to build relationships and in a fast-paced environment? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place?
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters.
We’re on the hunt for a Business Development Representative who’s eager to expand upon and solidify our market dominance.
- Research, build, and maintain a pipeline of prospects of top 300 architectural firms
- Contact 20 leads per day via cold phone calls and emails to schedule product demos
- Schedule 5 demos for Account Executives per week
- Become and serve as a product knowledge expert
- Provide a consultative sales process
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Actively look for opportunities to improve and optimize our sales processes
- Maintain symbiotic relationship with Marketing and Product teams to improve business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in outbound selling, preferably in a SaaS solution selling environment
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- “Hunter” mentality - You're driven to control the outcome of situations and your compensation
- Well-versed in Salesforce or similar CRM software
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Goal-oriented mentality: both as an individual and as part of a team
- Must be able to travel to Chicago for quarterly team meetings
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.