Business Development Representative, Payroll Software Sales
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last nine years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 185 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking for a Business Development Representative, Payroll Software Sales to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for proactive outbound appointment setting focused on human capital. You will have a direct impact on our success by building relationships internally and externally to drive our payroll sales strategy. We are seeking driven, sales-minded individuals that are looking for an opportunity to join a high-growth startup, and will be rewarded for performance with uncapped growth opportunity.
As our Business Development Representative, Payroll Software Sales you’ll be responsible for:
- Calling on existing and potential customers to develop payroll partnerships
- Setting qualified appointments and running payroll product demonstrations
- Partnering with our Senior Sales Executives to gain sales techniques and learning our human capital sales process
- Consistently meet or exceed goals and metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Be Driven: As a sales-minded individual, you will develop and build world-class relationships with each customer. You want to ensure that they understand the value that Hireology will bring to their business. You will have a desire to want to grow professionally and progress in your career.
- Have Great Communication Skills: You will tell Hireology’s story to all types of businesses with all types of owners. You will make sure that you remain transparent and eager to answer questions while embracing the needs of the customer.
- Metrics-Driven: We’re passionate about data and trends. While achieving your monthly, quarterly and annual goals, you will be just as passionate while also providing a wow experience for each customer that you contact.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Business Development Representative, Payroll Software Sales candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Highly motivated, driven, self-starter
- Pathological optimism and a can't-lose attitude, with a healthy dose of reality thrown in
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- A bachelor's degree
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Sales team to discuss how you would make an impact in this role.
- Take a strategic critical thinking assessment that determines how we can develop you at Hireology.
- Provide us with some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with our Vice President of Sales. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.