We are looking for a Business Development Professional to join our team here at Snapsheet!
With your expertise, you will play the dual role of a new business generator, identifying and qualifying opportunities in the market, and a business development rep, ensuring Snapsheet’s strongest response in new business opportunities. You are highly collaborative and will partner closely with Marketing, Sales, and the broader team providing sales support. As a Business Development Rep at Snapsheet, you will drive activity across Snapsheet’s software products. You have a track record of successfully generating new sales opportunities through self-led outbound initiatives and possess grit and creativity to find entry points within target segments. You have a knack for assessing a client’s situation and buying position and will use that expertise to focus Snapsheet’s sales professionals on qualified prospects. Your business development expertise will allow you to serve as Snapsheet’s primary point of contact for critical business development initiatives. You know how to resonate with client needs, bring a clear articulation of a value proposition and differentiators, and understand how to frame opportunity and impact. Performing a critical role in Snapsheet’s go-to-market organization and in an environment with aggressive growth targets, you will be expected to report daily on your progress, with an openness to pivoting your strategy along the way to ensure success. You are a critical thinker and a builder who prefers an environment where you can create your path to success instead of following an already established process. You are driven and confident with a strong sales and business development background to contribute as part of a fast-moving start-up.
What you will do as a Business Development Representative at Snapsheet:
- Identify and qualify potential new clients for Snapsheet’s Software offerings, and provide strategic support to ensure proactive business development for all lines of business.
- Develop, implement and execute on strategy for targeting, engaging, and qualifying software leads. Analyze the market and build strategies for continually ensuring a robust target list and qualified lead pool.
- Execute targeting strategies, conducting outreach to both known and unknown targets with a defined plan for engagement, discovery, and credential building; This will be a critical component of your role in helping to build our sales pipeline
- Work with Sales Operations to determine strategic direction and strong qualifiers for best-fit opportunities and to drive higher opportunity conversion rates
- Collaborate with Marketing to design personal outreach in alignment with marketing-led campaigns and inbound lead generation
- Partner with Sales to hand-off qualified leads and extend support when needed throughout the sales process to ensure competitive responses and opportunity advancement
- Partner with relationship owners for clients and prospects, to help ignite new business opportunities
- Serve as a business development resource for critical new business pursuits, taking lead on RFIs, RFPs, and high-priority proposals
- Establish best practices for lead identification, qualification, and business development response, all while communicating progress, results and facilitating knowledge sharing
- Build a strong communication plan to keep our team informed on progress consistently
- Meet or exceed monthly goals, targets, and KPI’s
What you bring as a Business Development Representative at Snapsheet:
- Business development experience, with preferred expertise in insurance or B2B software sales
- Skilled at building approaches for targeting, with the ability to follow market events and activity in a structured way for refreshing and extending target lists
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort connecting with unknown targets within the industry, with an ability to relate and conduct high-level discovery to better profile targets, identify buyer needs and assess high-level fit
- Excellent written communication skills, with experience preparing RFIs, RFPs, and proposals
- Strong Presentation skills
- Experience using Salesforce to manage and report activity and opportunity
- Experience working in a start-up environment, newly formed business unit/venture, or the launch of a new product, demonstrating your comfort level in a newly defined space that’s rapidly evolving
Chicago preferred, but will consider remote applicants for this position.