Business Development Representative
Solstice is a digital transformation consulting firm, delivering engaging strategies and products to the world’s leading organizations. We are not a conventional company, and we have no intentions of becoming one. Our culture is one that fosters innovation and creative thinking without the bindings that are typically introduced with large organizations.
We are immediately seeking a Business Development Representative to cultivate opportunities and help continue to grow revenue across a number of territories and industries.
Reporting directly to the Business Development Lead, your sales efforts will help build customer value and drive new business. This position is a lead development role and you will be responsible for positioning Solstice's solutions to companies in key verticals and markets. Activities involve prospecting, lead qualification, and participating in industry networking events to build overall sales pipelines.
The most successful people in this role have a passion for the emerging tech space and are highly motivated, productive, analytical and organized.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities through cold calling, social selling, and networking
- Uncover interested prospects and decision-makers in key verticals (financial services, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and retail) to initiate sales process
- Develop, maintain, and expand your database of prospects within your pipeline
- Maintain a high level of Solstice solution expertise and competitive intelligence, becoming an expert on customer experience and emerging technology
- Work closely with Directors of Client Engagement to develop strategy surrounding targeted industries and territories
- Develop sales plans in order to achieve individual and company goals
- Submit accurate and complete information in Salesforce.com and provide regular updates to management regarding opportunities, trends and challenges
- Meet or exceed monthly individual and team goals
What we're looking for in you:
- 1-3 years of sales experience (but can accept less for highly talented individuals)
- Proven ability to prospect, build lists, cold call and create new sales opportunities
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Prominent organization, communication and time management skills
- A strong understanding of enterprise IT concepts and emerging technology is desired, but not required
- A 4-year degree is desired
- Driven to succeed and grow is required