Kin + Carta is seeking a Principal Cloud-Native Application Architect who is ready to help shape our architecture practice and make an impact on the firm’s growth. You are a passionate and curious application architect with a history of working with varied enterprise technologies, and leading development efforts of large-scale systems. You are passionate about getting hands-on when needed. You have a broad level of skills in architecting and designing solutions for various types of applications that can include mobile, web, integration of middleware, databases & data warehousing , front-end technology & framework, security, and cloud infrastructure.
- In this role, you will often simultaneously excel in the role of:
- An expert: a technologist deep on cloud-native development, able to swoop in to provide guidance and/or fix difficult issues
- An organized planner: a senior technical leader, able to diagram a plan, lead a meeting, and guide a team forward
- A coach: a champion for their team, but also someone who cares enough to give feedback that helps their team grow
- An innovator: someone who is excited to advocate for new applications of current technology that can create a path and paint a picture of forward-looking solutions for our diverse clients
- You will lead by mentoring and inspiring technical leads and engineers on proven development practices, patterns, and techniques.
- You will advise and advocate on building technical roadmaps, defining modern enterprise architecture, and guide teams to delivery of solutions that regularly meet or exceed client expectations
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Track record of strong OO programming background and mastery of design patterns, data structures to guide engineers apply best practices in a varied technology stack
- Deep background and understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, systems, and application architecture is crucial
- An understanding of security/access control, scalability, durability high availability, resilience, and concurrency patterns
- A demonstrated command of cloud-native, microservices-based architectures
- Professional Level Architect Certifications in Google, Microsoft, or Pivotal are preferred
- An understanding of networking concepts particularly relevant to application stacks (subnets, VPC’s, load balancers, ingress and egress control, IAM permissions, and API’s) is preferred
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.