Kin + Carta is seeking a Cloud-Native Application Architect who is ready to help shape our architecture practice and make an impact on the firm’s growth. You are a passionate application architect with a history of working with enterprise technologies, and leading the development effort of large-scale systems. You are ready to get hands on if needed. You have a broad level of skills in architecting solutions, potentially including mobile, web, integration middleware, database & data warehouse, front-end technology & framework, security, and cloud infrastructure.
- You are bored with the technologies you are working with and hungry to apply your enterprise skills in an emerging technology environment
- You are now ready to learn from our leading CX experts and work on some of the most cutting-edge enterprise and emerging technologies
- You are constantly looking for outlets to share knowledge, get published, and present within the IT and business community
- You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and the ability to apply concepts learned in other technologies and frameworks to those new platforms.
- Your work colleagues are your friends, your bosses are proud of you, and your clients always want you back. You’re ready to take the next step in your career.
- In this role, you will often play the role of:
- An expert: a technologist deep on cloud-native development, able to swoop in to provide guidance or fix difficult issues
- An organizer: a senior technical leader, able to chart a plan, run a meeting, and help a team move forward
- A coach: a cheerleader for their team, but also someone who cares enough to give the right feedback to help their team grow
- An innovator: someone who can chart a path and paint the picture of a forward-looking solution for our clients, who is an excited advocate for technology
- You will mentor, inspire and lead tech leads, and engineers on proper development practices, patterns, and techniques.
- You will advise on building technical roadmaps, defining modern enterprise architecture and guide teams to deliver it successfully
- Strong OO programming background and mastery of design patterns to help engineers apply best practices
- A deep background in cloud-based infrastructure and application architecture is crucial
- An understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- A demonstrated command of cloud-native, microservices-based architectures
- Certifications in Google (Professional Cloud Architect), Microsoft (Solutions Architect Expert), or Pivotal (Pivotal Application Architect) are preferred
- An understanding of networking concepts particularly relevant to application stacks (subnets, VPC’s, load balancers, ingress and egress control) is preferred
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.