Customer Success Manager at Mastery Logistics Systems
About the Role
The transportation industry has no shortage of complex problems requiring creative solutions to scale efficiently. In this role, you and your team will support your customers as they transition from sales prospects to active users of Mastery's Transportation Management System (TMS).
The Customer Success Manager will build customer relationships quickly. Establishing trust in our product, leveraging industry knowledge and making recommendations in the customer’s best interest. You must take pride in forming and maintaining relationships, connecting with your customers over both their success and frustrations to develop a long-term bond.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will accompany the customer on their journey and be involved in the entire product lifecycle. You will also seek to fix issues before they happen, proactively looking out for your customers’ business, suggesting new and innovative ways to keep them succeeding with Mastermind TMS. Generating excitement for new or developing features, you will facilitate demos and training to keep customers happy while driving engagement and providing technical support.
This role can be done remotely, but Chicago is preferred.
- Work collaboratively with customers and internal stakeholders through all phases of the customer relationship; engagement, onboarding, implementation, support, & success
- Maintain alignment of the process for support, management and communication of self-found or customer communicated incidents with internal Application Support
- Represent the Mastery brand values during all client interactions
- Utilize industry experience to create innovative and tailored solutions for Mastery customers
- Drive product value, adoption, and user experience through onsite and virtual interactions with Customers
- Manage day-to-day tasks and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Learn the current capabilities and needs of customer systems including user roles, tasks and data components to better advocate for requirements and requests on their behalf
- Drive the resolution of issues through problem solving, identification of necessary resources, and escalation
- Prepare and facilitate Quarterly Business Review’s (QBR’s) with customers, to include but not limited to business updates, metrics review and new development opportunities
- Manage customer success through relationship building, product expertise, and problem solving
- Customer (shipper) or carrier operations/sales experience
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to learn all facets of our customers and Mastery software functionality
- Strong detail orientation, organization, and time management abilities
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Ability to travel
- Experience with software implementation preferred
- Project Management certifications a plus
- Experience with multiple TMS platforms a plus
Mastery Logistics Systems is building the world’s first lovable Transportation Management System, or TMS.
Our customers – large transportation companies and shippers who need those companies – have struggled with systems that are outdated or inadequate. As shippers or transportation service providers, our customers have in the past been forced to use multiple systems to manage dedicated fleet operations, outsourced or insourced trans management, one way trucking, truckload brokerage, LTL, and Intermodal, or to sub-optimize one or more of those functions by attempting to fit it into a TMS that is adequate at another function.
Mastermind TMS allows our customers to bring all of these functions into a single platform, providing flexibility, visibility, control, and efficiency. Today’s unprecedented global supply chain upheavals underscore how important the transportation industry is. We are building a system to allow this industry to work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
The challenges in this industry are big and exciting! We are tackling everything from fast and efficient data input to ingesting large amounts of data and applying AI to looking at blockchain to securely digitize paperwork. If you are passionate about humanizing an industry, automating in innovative ways, building for quality and scale, helping make people's lives easier and touching every part of our economy then this is the place for you.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to continuing to build an incredible company. We are a masterful mosaic of incredible people. We are specialists and experienced in our respective fields. We are dedicated to continuous improvement both professionally and personally. We are a collective group of really good people. We have different interests, backgrounds & talents and we work together to create really cool stuff! We believe in diversity of thought and are mindful and inclusive. We have deep respect for each other and work diligently at adding the right people to our teams.
At this moment we are all working from home and doing our part to combat the Covid 19 virus. We are creatively building our new work habits. We are respectful of each other’s time and personal life. We have flexible schedules but share in the mission that we are building and need to get it done. We offer an excellent suite of benefits. We are dedicated to finding new ways to add perks as we live and work from home.
Our team has the domain knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced and thoughtful people to who thrive on creating and building great products. We want people who have a true passion for servicing and taking care of our customers. We need people who are flexible problem solvers, thrive on collaboration and consistently know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble – which is evident in how quickly we could pivot to our new reality. Each member of the team can make a tremendous impact both technically and culturally. While a start-up, we are well-funded, have an initial paying customer with which to test and launch, and are founded by top experts and veterans in the logistics industry.
Join us – you’ll love it – let’s build a masterpiece!
Mastery takes great pride in providing our employees a robust and highly competitive benefit package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance covering 90% of premium costs. Company paid life insurance for 1x salary. Legal, AD&D, Additional Life and other employee assistance benefits. We have a 401k savings plan with a 4% match. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development. We fully support our work from home initiative as we do our part to combat the Covid 19 crisis. We have a manage your life and schedule Paid Time Off program. We are fully devoted to finding creative perks and benefits since we cannot currently enjoy our cool office culture. Our philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse community of professionals. Veterans, Women, non-binary, people of color, LGBTQIA, we welcome all to apply!