We're building a world class team with the aim of providing polished, professional, technical support of an emerging company and product. Ocient is looking for ultimate team players who are dedicated to improving our product and customer experience with every interaction. The Ocient team consists of highly technical engineers and understanding the end to end development, sales, and delivery cycle is key to adding unique value to the organization. Our ideal Database Support Specialist is detailed, passionate and dedicated to representing customers. Ocient is looking for a Database Support Specialist with experience supporting a database solution. This role will act as a technical liaison between Engineering for both on-premise and Database as a Service customers.
- Lead the improvement of DBaaS support-related processes, procedures and policies
- Support both On-Premise solutions (Physical & Cloud) and Ocient managed Database solutions in a Linux/Unix Environment.
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of Ocient Managed Database Solutions.
- Contribute to a customer-facing knowledge base
- Create and maintain documentation for all major installations and implementations
- SQL/Query Performance Troubleshooting and Tuning
- Leverage strong technical skills and equally strong customer service skills to assist customers through diagnosis and resolution of complex problems in a distributed system environment
- Respond to customer questions regarding technical solutions through phone calls, help tickets, and email
- On-call support rotations
- Effectively manage multiple issues while providing timely responses and meeting Service Level objectives
- Access data center (either remotely or onsite) in diagnosing customer issues
- Assist in the onboarding, training, installation and buildout of customer deployments
- Provide product feedback to the engineering team for continuous improvement of the product
- Work directly with customers and represent Ocient with a positive attitude
- Technical Account Management - Represent key customers issues, needs and Business goals.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Ocient product
- Provide detailed Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Plans
- Issue reproductions, fix and workaround validation
- Aid in customer and internal support process and tooling evolution
- Create tools to be used by support professionals and customers in day to day activity.
- Communicate quality & product trends to internal organization
Required Support Skills
- BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 5 years experience in customer support or similar role
- 3 years experience supporting database solutions
- Strong customer facing skills
- Technical writing
- Strong verbal communication
- Multitask, organization skills
- Urgency, Thoroughness, Tact
- Relationship building
- Ownership and responsibility to others
- Ability to learn quickly
Required Technical Skills
- SQL and Database Administration in a Linux/Unix Environment.
- Understanding of installing and configuring databases, JDBC/ODBC drivers, and database monitoring solutions
- Strong understanding of system administration support of operations
- Experience with query analyzers and query tuning / slow query optimization against large data sets.
- Advanced troubleshooting, log analysis
- Hardware/ Linux Kernel knowledge
- Linux OS proficiency
- Network troubleshooting
- Experience setting up infrastructure in a data center, including network configuration and monitoring
- Experience in large scale / distributed systems
- Experience with stream-processing software (e.g. Kafka)