DE Underwriter at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
What's the Role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Underwriter to join our innovative and passionate team.
- As an Underwriter you will be responsible for but not limited to the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and investor standards.
- A Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentations for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents.
- Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.)
- You may be required to work with more senior mortgage underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw and decline loans.
- You may also be required to respond directly to individual and investor audits.
- Includes all levels of underwriting authority and exception levels.
- 5+ years of mortgage underwriting experience.
- 3+ years of FHA/VA, Conventional, and USDA/RD underwriting experience.
- Experience with underwriting to multiple lender guidelines and requirements.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae/DU and Freddie Mac/LP guidelines and automated underwriting systems.
- Critically examine credit, income and asset documents and review title policy and appraisals.
- Encompass and GUS experience are preferred.
- Candidate needs to be currently using their SAR.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason, as protected by law. #LI-MT1